listening

listening

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Joy To The World

Only the LORD knows - it's true.
And - it's right.

My son, Andrew, always used to ask me this question:
"Mama, what's the most painfulest way to die?"
"Being burned alive, Son."

And this fire has burned our flesh to the bone, see?
Ain't it grand?

I wonder how my King will put it all back together again when...
I can't see a way for Him to put just me back together again.
Mercifully, the fire has been extinguished, but I have smoldered for two, full months.

In the Old Testament, the smell of burning flesh.
Was pleasing to the LORD.

But, how will I find joy again?
How will I laugh again?
When there is death all around... how on earth can I smile?

The answer is Christmas.
I imagine Andrew asking me...
"Mama, what's the most joyfulest you have ever been?"

The answer is Christmas.
Because I can never get over it.

Jesus Christ CAME DOWN.
I could end this post with those four words.
The Good News of the Gospel CAME DOWN.

Carried nine months in His mama's womb.
Squeezed through her birth canal.

God.
The triune GOD.
Was brought into the world, and his first touch was from the hands of a man.

Placed in a trough, right?  Let's feed on Him.
The Word.  (And don't you just love metaphors?)

Joy to the whole world, okay?
Christmas is coming and...
Jesus Christ CAME DOWN.

For you.
For B.

Come let us adore Him.
Oh, come let us adore Him.
Christ the Lord!

Joy to the world.
Joy to B.


Because of Jesus.



Bernadette


No comments:

Post a Comment