listening

listening

Sunday, November 25, 2018

Change 'Em



Power




The thing about embracing the cross, is that your life is never - ever the same.  When Wonder Woman surrenders her life to Jesus, everything begins to change.

Yes... everything.

Though she cannot understand it, she suddenly loves reading her Bible.  It actually makes sense to her.  She sees how it speaks to her every day.  "Oh my!  It's true!  The Book is alive!"

Wonder Woman begins to die to her selfish desires.  She begins to love people in ways she never could, or would.  She begins to put them first.  She begins to take the back seat.  She begins to walk the narrow road.  She develops a taste for humble pie.

Wonder Woman realizes that in laying down her dead life, she has gained the life of her dreams!  She is endowed with new power to understand, and she begins to find that the joy of the LORD is her supernatural strength!

Oh, baby do her priorities change.

Wonder Woman wakes up one morning and realizes.  "I love Jesus more than I love myself.  I love Him more than anything in all this world!  I feel almost as if I have been... born again!"

But then...

She learns that what Jesus said is true, true, true. (That's because He can never lie.)

"Then you will handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me."  Matthew 24:9

"Remember what I told you: 'A servant is not greater than his master.'  If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also... " John 15:20

"You will be hated by everyone because of me..." Matthew 10:22

"If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first."  John 15:8

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth.  I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."  Matthew 10:34

And so it begins, Wonder Woman.  A life in Christ -  which means you are in a battle every day against evil.  You are fighting against the forces of the darkness- the very ones that cause the world to hate you for loving Jesus.  This is your new job.

Ain't it exciting?  Ain't you so tired of living your bored life???  Haven't you always wanted a quest and something in all the world worth really fighting for?

When you put your faith in Jesus, and trust in His absolute FINISHED work on the cross, it means you will suffer.  It means you will be rejected by your own family.  (You're going to lose a few.)  It means you will be persecuted, and it means the whole world will hate you.  (Christian... have you come out of your closet?  I promise that if you do, you will not be called brave.  You will not be called noble.  You will not be called open minded and free.  Get ready, now.  Count the cost.)

Wonder Woman is empowered by God to defend the defenseless and to fight for justice. She is no longer afraid.  She is able to live a life full of integrity, valor and courage.

Courage.  (I like to see the word 'rage' in there, don't you?)


As women who are saved by grace, in love with Christ, enabled and empowered by the Holy Spirit of the living God -- we do not fear.  We are not shrinking violets.  We armor up.  We've got each other's backs.  We see the flames rising, and we run to battle for our loved ones.  For our lost ones.

We over come by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony, and we care not for our own lives.

What can man do...

To Wonder Woman.



Bernadette



www.gotquestions.org



"Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it."  Matthew 10:39

"For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it."  Matthew 16:35

"For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake and the gospels will save it."  Mark 8:35

"For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it." Luke 9:24

"They triumped over him (that beast, satan) by the blood of the Lamb (Jesus Christ) and by the word of their testimony; (The incredible ways our lives our changed by the free gift of salvation!) they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death."  Revelation 12:11

"in God I trust and am not afraid.  What can man do to me?"  Psalm 56:11



-parenthetical statements are uninspired by me-



















No comments:

Post a Comment