listening

listening

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Reading Him

John 1:1

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.



There is this quiet
In the house these days
As the Little Sister and I sit side by side
Reading.

The chores are finished and we've got some time
Precious moments stolen
As we each gather a book, and sit silently
Reading.

At first I think I should put on some music
But no
This silence is lost, and this silence is golden
We're Reading.

I rush quite constant
And it crushes my soul: the doing not being
The running means there's no time
For Reading.

Pages and pages of beloved Psalms
Proverbs one at a time
1 Thessalonians today
Just Reading.

A Chapter of Jeremiah because...
Andrew and I are reading it together
And The Boy is being transformed into a Man of God
by Reading

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind...  Romans 12:2

I wonder at this lost gift
In a lost world
And I can't help but think it's because...
We stopped Reading.

Stopped reading the Gospels
Matthew, Mark, Luke and John
So that we might know Christ
By Reading.

His love letters to us.
All that we can about His character.
Sex and suffering, laughing and crying, living and dying all there in His book
For Reading.

Taking Him In so we can live Him out
Studying His precious Word
Chewing and meditating and focusing and listening
Reading.

The Word, Friends.

The Word,

Bernadette


No comments:

Post a Comment