listening

listening

Sunday, December 9, 2018

Holy Night

Holy Night.
I close my eyes and wonder...
What Mary was feeling.
What Joseph was thinking.
How the Shepards were processing.
If the animals understood.
What the star really looked like.
If the cave was warm.
If its light came from The Light of the World.

Holy Night.
How can I not wonder...
About a baby being born?
Like all babies that come into this life?
With Water and Blood?
But this One a King?
A Baby King????
A Savior???
For one who has no hope for heaven because of her sin?

Holy Night.
In my mind, I wonder...
Bend down to pick up a baby boy wrapped in cloths.
Hold heaven in my arms.
Hold the One Who holds me fast.
Kiss His cheeks a thousand times.
And whisper...
"Thank You for coming."
"Thank You for coming."

Holy Night.



Bernadette


No comments:

Post a Comment