listening

listening

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Cracking Up

"Lord, You are cracking me up!" 

This, I say out loud as I come to the computer to scratch out words that give me life somehow.  Many times, this blog has given me agony untold as I have been learning not to hide.  Not to lie. Not to run.  Isn't the Lord scary sometimes?  How writing in this big open space has caused me to sweat in fear and cry.  How I have held TIGHT to His hand with my eyes closed and just written anyway. Blind obedience. 

"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."  Matthew 6:33

He begins to show me how He has used Freedom Journal to get me to stop running away from Him, stop hiding from His people, stop this insidious agoraphobia of the heart and mind.  To embrace life and love and hope and HIM.  He has been putting wings on my feet all along, and now...all this hope that I might actually be able to run again, physically?  Well...it just makes me laugh right out loud.

"Lord, You are cracking me up!"

Bernadette

4 comments:

  1. I laugh, beacuse I know exactly what you mean:)
    Thanks for your prayers!
    <3
    R

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock, little R. Hope you are feeling stronger today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :)
    I am! I'm just wating for it to compleatly clear up so I can exercise again. The peace in waiting for that.....I'm getting there. Thakfully He is patient even when I am not:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your thoughtful comment on my Pursuing Heart blog yesterday! I have really enjoyed coming by here today - love the way you write out your feelings and share from what God is filling your heart with. And I totally agree with you - this blogging is sometimes scary, as we put ourselves (our hearts) right out there in the big open space. But so rewarding as we follow His gently promptings to share.

    ReplyDelete