listening

listening

Monday, July 23, 2012

Fears and Tear Drops

So much falling these last few weeks.
A vacation into failure, and I, too stunned to speak.
Sitting on the deck at the campground crying.
As the mountains and lake cry back God's sovereignty.
His majesty.
His glory.
His goodness.
HT1's voice on the other end of the line holding my feet to the ground.
The earth.
The fire.
When I'm terrified.
When I can't reach for His hand because... What if He let's me drop?
Oh, Good God.

Please don't drop me!

Bernadette

4 comments:

  1. I look up to the mountains—
    does my help come from there?
    My help comes from the Lord,
    who made heaven and earth!
    He will not let you stumble;
    the one who watches over you will not slumber.
    Indeed, he who watches over Israel
    never slumbers or sleeps.
    The Lord himself watches over you!
    The Lord stands beside you as your protective shade.
    The sun will not harm you by day,
    nor the moon at night.
    The Lord keeps you from all harm
    and watches over your life.
    The Lord keeps watch over you as you come and go,
    both now and forever.

    Psalm 121

    :)
    Love,

    R

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a precious, precious friend. Love you right back.
    Bernadette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, thank you for your honesty. So refreshing! Faith can be so, so hard sometimes. It can feel impossible to trust because we can't see - yet it's there - He's there - staring us right in the face. And He patiently waits, generously forgives, and teaches the same lessons over and over again. And I need to learn them - over and over and over again. Again, thank you so much for your honesty and your beautiful words. I always love to read them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This line: "When I can't reach for His hand because...what if He drops me?" I've been feeling dropped lately. And oh, what fear to even try again to reach for Him, to trust that He has not abandoned. Praying that the "breaking down" for you is leading straight to a "breaking through"--breaking through to Him.

    ReplyDelete