listening

listening

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

THANKS FOR THE NARROW ROAD

Sarah and I hurl down the highway.
Breaking the sound barrier with our singing.
Our souls being washed clean from the dark place we've been.
Where everything on the earth strives to cover your light.
Because Freedom does not hold hands with Slavery.
And the bound reach out with their chains.
Try to hang you with shame and the poison that is the darkened mind.

Sarah and I clap and head bob to the beat making the guy at the red light laugh.
Beating out all that is sorrow and sadness for the lost.
So lost.
While our hearts fill with compassion.
FILL!
With songs about Jesus, the cross and His blood.
Freedom songs.

Sarah and I fist bump in the car.
Next song and let it rip, Girl.
Joy becomes our companion as we travel this dusty road.
Easing the load.

Sarah and me,

Bernadette

1 comment:

  1. This sounds so wonderful! I'm so glad for you! Keep singing those freedom songs! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete