listening

listening

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Cloud Watching

The friend who holds my hand warm through the anguish.
The Word of Truth that often hurts good.
The drawer of my heart and my knees to bend hours behind the closed door.
The One I want to be alone with.

The great Listener, bending down to hear His daughter's prayers.
The Seer of every tear.  Every.  Single.  One.
The Lover of my soul.
The Giver of my salvation.

The One Who gives me breath.
The One Who makes me breathless with His love.
The Delighter.
The Delighted.

And when I am wetting His dear feet with my tears.
And when I am crying for mercy.
For His people, His church, His bride.
Just a puddle of tears and snot?

When I look in the mirror and sigh.
When the dead rise to tell me that I am disqualified and…disgusting?
When my enemy tells me over and over again that I am worthless.
And when I am shaken to my core in waves of weakness.

I know that He is my strength.
He is the One Who fights for me.
His righteous right hand upholds me.
His Word is the mighty sword in my hand.

He has raised me up from the grave.
He has set my feet on solid Rock.
He has given me new Life.
He has birthed me anew.

He knows my name.
He called me by name.
He loves my name and…
One day He will write a new name for me on a white stone.  (Rev. 2)

He is The Resurrection and The Life.
He is The Alpha and The Omega.
He is The coming King.
Jesus.

His Name is Jesus,

Bernadette

"Look, He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him and all peoples on earth will mourn because of Him.  So shall it be!  Amen.  (Rev. 1)




No comments:

Post a Comment