listening

listening

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Excercise in Precision

So, a few weeks ago I was given an assignment to write my story of coming to know Jesus, aka, my testimony...in 100 words or less!  Here is what I came up with.  May it be a blessing.

I remember talking about God, praying and going to church as a young girl. 
My Dad died suddenly and "life" became "survival".
For many years I made severely destructive choices.  In my twenties I began to question what life was supposed to be about.
I started a job with three women who loved me SO much.  Their lives, although not perfect, exhibited purpose, joy and peace.
I wanted what they had.  It was a relationship with JESUS.   It wasn't long before I had one too!
Life is no longer about just surviving.  It's about thriving!  It's about JESUS.

So....what's your story??

May these words and this story be powerful and effective in Your Hands, Lord,

Wendy :)

1 comment:

  1. I love this, and I love you for loving Jesus. Just think. With out HIM, we would never have met. With out HIM, we would not even be friends! I'm so grateful. Better put that on my list...up to about 300 something in five or six journals each. :) B.

    ReplyDelete