listening

listening

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Thanks to You!

The Silent Deep punches out letters on his phone, and a text comes to me that lifts me so high I think I might actually fall down.  His words wrap right there around me bringing me comfort.  Drawing me close to his voice.  My little brown eyed boy has grown up and moved away from me.  He is a grown man, but he reaches to keep our hearts close.  It's too much.  Too much grace.  Too much sweetness, and I am undone by his precious gift.  Fully accepted.  The best ever.

I tell the kids in my class that we all need encouragement.  I see them nodding their heads, even as I nod mine.  "Yes."  We all need encouragement.

So can I encourage you today, friends?  Just remind you that He is madly in love with you, and that He's got hold of your life, and that He is in charge?  If all is falling down, I am praying that you will have the strength to look up.  To see Him.  To look upon His dear face.  To find your feet, again, on solid Rock. 

And may I offer these words of humble thanks, once again, to you who have come alongside when I have so desperately fallen?  May I say "thank you" for your encouraging words and prayers that have helped me to find a way to begin writing my book?  Thank you for helping me to find me feet.  To know that I too, stand on solid ground.

The Rock of my Salvation,

Bernadette

 

No comments:

Post a Comment