listening

listening

Thursday, February 23, 2012

US

Jesus.
Just Your Name, that's all.
Just me in this tight space where I am nothing in all the world but Yours.
Where I am safe and held and loved.
Jesus.
Your grace is truly amazing.
And You keep giving me these beautiful pictures.
In my mind.
I wrap my arms around your waist.

How can a woman hold God?

You..

Hold me so tightly in Your embrace of grace.
That I think You might crush me.
In the power of Your love.
I must...
Close my eyes tight to receive You.
This.

Us,

Bernadette

3 comments:

  1. :)
    The name alone.......how many times has it calmed me down, allowed me to sleep...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Freedom Journal" has been included in this weeks Sites To See. I hope this helps to attract many new visitors here.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2012/02/sites-to-see_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the first two lines especially. So powerful with so few words.

    And this idea of being in a "tight space" with Jesus--I remember you writing about this recently as well and I'm really drawn to it. Because it challenges my natural aversion to that closed-in feeling. You have touched on an incredible truth here, that to be "hemmed in" by God is a *very good thing.* When I picture it the way you've described, with safety and belonging, I long to be in that tight space with God. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete