listening

listening

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

PROVERBS FOR JOSH

His words on paper.  I hug the letter...it's all I can do, this first born, borne away from us and into the Army.  This soldier son.  Beloved son.

He says, "I've been praying constantly, and I know God is helping me with all of this.  Whenever I am at attention or parade rest, I'm praying-and that is a lot of time....God has called me to where I am now, and I'm trusting Him to take care of me, but please pray for me."

Can we try a Proverbs exercise?  Since there are 31 Proverbs, may I humbly ask you to consider reading one each day and praying it for Joshua?  That  God would give him wisdom and strength?  Also, his boots are still posing a problem.  A big problem.  Please keep his feet in mind as you walk around on yours.  Many thanks to all of you for your prayers!


Joshua's mama,
Bernadette

6 comments:

  1. Proverbs 11:2 from the Amplified Bible says...and this is for Joshua as he learns so much about authority and submission..."When swelling and pride come, then emptiness and shame come also, but with the humble (those who are lowly, who have been pruned or chiseled by trial, and renounce self) are skillful and godly Wisdom and soundness."

    ReplyDelete
  2. PROVERBS 11:14: "WITHOUT WISE LEADERSHIP, A NATION FALLS..."

    PRAYING FOR YOU, JOSHUA. THAT YOU WOULD HAVE GOD'S WISDOM IN LEADERSHIP. IN SPEECH. IN LIFE. IN LOVE. IN PURITY.

    LOVE, MOM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two things:
    Proverbs 12:7 "...the family of the godly stands firm."

    Praying that your very own faithfulness would help our family to stand firm.

    Proverbs 12:24 "Work hard and become a leader; be lazy and become a slave."

    Praying that you will stay motivated to work hard and establish yourself as a leader for Christ.

    I love you, Son.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Proverbs 13:9 "The life of the godly is full of light and joy..."

    Joshua, that your light would shine before all men, but particularly the men in your unit. That they would catch what you've got. That you would be full of light and joy.

    I love you. I miss you, Son.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Proverbs 16:24 "Sensible people keep their eyes glued on wisdom.."

    Praying that you would be able to stay focused, Joshua. That you would seek wisdom, like precious treasure, all the days of your life. That you would keep your eyes on Jesus. His will. His plan.

    I miss you. I love you. I'm praying for you right now.
    Mama

    ReplyDelete
  6. Proverbs 18:21
    "The tongue can bring death or life; those who love to talk will reap the consequences."

    From your letters, it sounds like your enduring a lot of death talk...profanity, inappropriate speech and so on.

    I'm praying for your mind today. That you would be able to constantly be going to Jesus for help and for comfort. That your filters would continue to be effective...and that your spirit would be strong.

    I love you, Joshua. We are loving your letters home.
    God's blessings on you this day. You are held in hands folded in prayer.

    Miss your smile,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete