listening

listening

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Field Trip

Sitting here smiling at the hotel jam we've got going on here tonight.  Cello.  Violin.  Guitar.  Yes!  They all got packed into the van for this road trip to museums and volleyball games.  Am I crazy or what?  Two girls chatted it up the whole trip while the boy made weird faces at me in my rear view mirror.

Milk Duds and Gobstoppers.  Things that make him happy.  Me happy.  The rhyming contest begins...things we do when the Shoulders is not in the car, and he smiles all gums and teeth when I bury him.  Makes me wish I could be like this all the time.  With this one.  The one who struggles with his work ethic.  The one who keeps trying and failing.  Like his mom.  Like me. 

So good to smile with him.  Laugh.  Love.  Such a gift to be in this room with young musicians making...quite a racket actually!  The boy takes me down just once putting mice, rice, ice and twice together in a sentence.  I want to take his face in my hands and kiss him.  Tell him how wonderful he is, and that I love him.  Forever.

Nice,

Bernadette

No comments:

Post a Comment