listening

listening

Monday, October 3, 2011

Flipping Out!

Thinking a lot today about time, and how does Jesus know?  He gets me reading about Mary and Martha and shows me something I've not seen.  How the Lord says, "Martha, Martha you are anxious and troubled about many things, but one thing is necessary."  Luke 10: 41-42

I've not seen the word NECESSARY, and I'm a bit dumb struck.  No wonder I crumble when I am "distracted with much serving".  No wonder I fall when I'm not sitting at His feet.  Being taught.  Being whole.

Contemplating...oh, how I love to contemplate.  How everything here on earth is flipped in heaven.  How here, our most precious commodity is time, but in heaven, there is no such thing as time.  What is time to eternity?

The Shoulders is, right now, in Turkey helping a mining company to efficiently and safely extract gold, one of earth's most precious metals.  But in heaven, gold is tar.  It paves the streets.  It's flipped.

The world lives itself to death, but as Believers, we are called to die so that we can fully live.

The world says "What about me?"  The Kingdom says, "Pick up your cross and follow Me."  We know that crucifixion was the execution style invented by the Romans.  This reference would be, to us, similar to saying, "Pick up your electric chair.  Pick up your lethal injection."  What???  Pick up your death?  How flipped is that?

I know.  To sit at the feet of Jesus when the to do list hangs around your neck.  Albatross.  When your family and your friends and your life pull you out and away.  From this Jesus.  From the heart of the Man Who hung His perfect life on a tree.  For you.  For me.

Can we not tarry with our Lord?  Can we not give Him the thing that we value the most? Can we not give Him our time?  Can't we live?

Flipped?

Bernadette

No comments:

Post a Comment