listening

listening

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

How A Fast Can Make You Slow

"Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that proceeds from the mouth of God."  Matthew 4:4


The StrongSoft and I are at it again. This fasting and praying for a world thus lost, and my stomach speaks its own language.  Feed me.  We press in, but it's hard for her too, and why, mom?  Why is it so hard this time?

Have you ever known two fasts alike?  My thoughts slow, remembering my prayer list and my Jesus, as I make homemade macaroni and cheese for the sports banquet.  As she bakes three chocolate cream pies.  Our stomachs cry.  We sigh and press on.  Serve with hearts laid low like a body in the grave and draw close to Him.  Cling to Him.

Because we're hungry,

Bernadette

1 comment:

  1. Wow...fasting and baking/cooking at the same time? Yikes. I am amazed. And humbled. Those closing lines are stunning and convicting. We cling because we're hungry. Hungry in so many ways. And He alone fills. May you feel Him near and hear Him loud in these days of fasting.

    ReplyDelete