listening

listening

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Freedom Journal

Freedom Journal...

Will you make me free?
Will you help me to see?
The truth in all the words?

Will you help me be real?
Can you give me some relief?
So I can process this life somehow?

Will you remind me to laugh?
And come up out of the deep sometimes?
So I don't drown in all these heavy contemplations?

And will you stay with me?
When I must go down?
Plumb the depths of what to see?  To feel?

Will you not shrink away?
When I am down so far?
That I can not utter but for you?

Will you always be my voice?
When I am afraid to speak?
But need to be heard if only with black on white space?

Will you always have room for my heart?
My words tapping pulse on paper?
So that I can live whole?

Will you always listen?
And never shame?
Because I need you like this?

Will you bring me closer to Jesus?
The only One worth writing for?
The only hope in all the world?

For Freedom Writers?

Bernadette

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure you can imagine how much this resonates with me, Bernadette! These are words I could have very well written into my own Freedom Journal, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what I love about Freedom Journalers? Just that I know I'm not alone in the world anymore, and that is a grace from God. Blessings to you, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you are writing here to your Freedom Journal and yet I'm reading these words and I'm saying YES. Yes to all of it. Yes to you. I'll walk with you, Friend. All the way to the end of the world and back.

    ReplyDelete