listening

listening

Friday, May 18, 2012

The Whole in the Middle

Sitting again in the old chair to rock the end of a day.
Cradling all her moments in my heart.
The tire swing's slow pendulum shadow-sweeping the grass.
On a rope that creaks.
While the tree holds steady.
And Sarah's hair hangs golden down.
The kids throwing frisbee in the yard.
Their faces turned sun-lit to the sky.
Laughing and teasing.
My Shoulder's voice on the phone.
Making me want to kiss his mouth.
A Soldier Son's birthday.
Someone who gets me.
Kids playing in the pool and splashing joy on their faces.
Friends with gifts I don't have.
For Bible time with Andrew and Mary.
Conversations about Jesus and grace and sacrifice and love.
Purposing in my own heart to be more dilligent.
Car Talk with a girl in love.
For my big brother popping in every so often just to say hi...right here!
Flowers from S. and K...."WOW!"
And for my HT1.
Finally...a clean basement and a very, very sweaty mama.
Just that I didn't actually blow a gasket this time.  Hats off to you, Lord.
That I'm so sorry for not being grateful.
For the air I breathe.
And for the lungs You made just so I can breathe it.
That You are good, God.
That your love for  me still makes me cry.
Because You have forgiven so much.
I want to kiss the holes my life made in Your hands.
And live every moment for You.
With You.

The Center of me,

Bernadette

3 comments:

  1. I love this, Bernadette - the Whole in the Middle, kissing the holes in His hands... this is a beautiful summary of the Whole Story....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brianne...
    Love that you stopped by. I am so enjoying your blog over there!
    Bernadette

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me happy. All these beautiful moments of your life laid out on the altar, you always pressing in closer and deeper to Him, wanting more of Him in you. You keep me yearning after Him and for that I am so very, very grateful.

    ReplyDelete