listening

listening

Thursday, May 31, 2012

For Shoulders

Sometimes when the Shoulders gathers me in.
All strength.
It makes me want to cry.
Just...being close in the sanctuary.
Near to him and all that makes him strong.
Earthy.
His powerful arms could crush me, not small.
But his spirit is tender when he holds me like that.
Like a flower.
And he makes me feel all that is feminine.
After a day of laundry and scrubbing the toilets.
A day of agonizing character training.
A head aching day of heart hurting.
And it seems all might be well.
In the safe well of his embrace.
My eyes leaking everywhere.

On his shoulders,

Bernadette

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. So thankful you have these arms to fall into on the "head aching day of heart hurting." Pointing straight to our God, the One powerful enough to crush us and yet He holds us gentle and brings us back to life.

    ReplyDelete