listening

listening

Friday, March 9, 2012

Ode to Scripture

Sing me songs of Jesus.
and His written Word.
Hide them in my heart, Oh God.
Draw me closer to You, Lord.
Word of God speak.
Your Words of Life to me.
that I might fix my eyes and heart.
and soul and mind on thee.
Wrap me in the Psalms
so I can feel Your grace.
Instruct my heart with Proverbs
so I will know my place.
The Gospels are the light house
Acts the bulbs that shine
Ephesians says you love me
Revelation, the end of time.
That Word that came from Hebrews
Today was just for me.
Scripture is the sharpening tool.
The Way that makes us free.

Bernadette

1 comment:

  1. I especially love your references to the Psalms and Proverbs here. Beautifully worded. To be wrapped in Grace and to know our place in Him. The whole of longings are summed up right there. And then that last line--the Way that makes us free. Yes. YES.

    ReplyDelete